For many reasons. The most trivial, but the one I notice every night when we had our TV date... we finished Alias. Now I have nothing to look forward to every night. Sigh. Huge sadness... we lost a dear sister in Christ on Sunday. Miss Linda, who used to watch Caleb (and Levi sometimes) for Ladies Bible class. When we told Caleb, he wanted to pray for her. So we prayed for her family.
Let's see... other happenings. Levi appears to be attempting to say real words. At 11 months. First one, I think, was Dadda (for Daddy), bye bye, down, up, all done, ball, amen. He is getting into everything... loves my purse, Caleb's ladder on his bed, all Caleb's cars, shoes/laces of any kind, paper, outside/grass, water/bathtime, and a new favorite, Easter eggs. Although he isn't the greatest hunter because once he gets one, he is satisfied to chew on it while everyone else runs around him. Things he dislikes: naps (after the first 45 minutes, he's done), waiting for any length of time in his high chair for food, sitting still for a diaper change, mama leaving the room. He's a little high-maintenance. Everyone said your second would be easier and not at all like the first... still waiting on that and wondering what went wrong. My friend Angie says I waited too long to have him. It took that long to recover from the first high-maintenance. I need one that looks like me and has Joe's personality... maybe #3? Course I keep telling Caleb (who is already asking when we can have another brother) that we won't have any more if he can't learn to share and play with the one he has. He says, "Agh! Mom, I'll play with him when he's bigger." He is constantly lecturing Levi to stay out of his things and is very frustrated that Levi cares not a whit what Caleb desires. He has been told that if he hurts him in any way there will be swift and painful punishment, so he never touches Levi, but he keeps saying things like, " Levi, I'm very mad at you for doing that. You are not allowed in my room any more. I'm very disappointed that you keep messing up my things." complete with sighs and grunts, while he picks up the mess. Hey, I think it keeps him occupied. The other day we had our first little ball game together, passing it from the bed to the floor between people. Levi got a big kick out of "throwing" it to Caleb and rolling it (with a little help) to Daddy. Oh, and tonight at church he watched the boys leading singing and started waving his arm around while watching. He is a cutie!
Caleb has become interested in magic tricks. His newest trick is making his food disappear from his plate at mealtimes. I actually claim this as my newest trick, since I got him to eat all his broccoli, sweet potatoes, and chicken in record time tonight, and without the promise of dessert when he was done. I was so impressed with us both, we gave him 3 M&M's.
No comments:
Post a Comment