I am proud to say that Caleb FINALLY learned to play a game. By the rules. And not just any game like Candyland or Barnyard Bingo, which of course he could play, but just wouldn't agree to take turns, count correctly, leave other people's tokens alone, etc. So today we broke out the Skip-Bo Junior and he was patient enough for me to teach the game, and we played 3 hands in a row before he wanted to move on to something else. And another thing... he actually agreed that I won a hand (gasp!). I pretty much nearly fainted.
Talking with him today, we discussed that it was his friend Rachel's 4th birthday. He said, "Great! Now she can be on my team!" Apparently, he has "teams" for everything and nothing at all. I have no idea where he gets this competitive nature from ;-/
Oh, one other small milestone. I let Levi have short halves of green beans tonight, and he was finally quiet for most of the meal. Not totally sure that is appropriate for an 8 month old, but I watched him closely for signs of aspiration and didn't see any. He is getting pretty good at using the pincher grip to get food off the tray. He is such a momma's boy. Any time I get him he stops fussing and starts sucking his thumb. Caleb was always content as long as someone had him, but not this guy. He wants ME...ditto.
No comments:
Post a Comment