So I keep thinking about our last trip to the zoo. I hesitated to post anything about this because I can't think how to do it delicately but still convey the hilariousness of the event. We got a little more than we bargained for while viewing Mr. and Mrs. Tortoise.... that's right. As we were coming up on them, I said, "Joe, is that the lion?" (roaring)... Nope. It was Mr. Tortoise ("Sea Turtle" as Caleb calls all turtles). For like a full 5 minutes (seemed like). It was not only hilarious to view the event (which I'll admit I never realized how 2 animals with hard shells would go about such a thing), but then to see the passer-by-er's expressions when they realized what was making all the racket. That was killer! One guy even came back with his camera with his wife yelling at him the whole time. But then the funniest part was when Caleb said, "Mommy, the sea turtles are talking." M-hmm, I replied. "What are they saying?" No comment. Later in the car on the way home, he kept on, "I didn't know that sea turtles could talk, did you". No, I didn't. On a side note (sweet one), last night in the car, Caleb was watching Levi, and he said, "Mommy, I think Levi is praying. Because he has his hands folded." Sure enough, he did, although Caleb wasn't sure how seriously he was taking his prayer since his eyes were open.
1 comment:
so.... are you saying you watched??
Post a Comment