Saturday, September 11, 2010

Zoo day

We got out early and made it to the zoo by 10:30. Amazingly enough, there was hardly anyone there. I "wore" Levi in the Moby wrap, and he did very well the entire time. The train was not in operation, but at least Caleb did not have a meltdown over it. Also, the stagecoach was soaking wet inside, so he was a little bummed. On the upside, we went into some stores we don't usually go in. He wanted desperately to buy about 5 plastic 12" lizards, a green hard had with a light on it, and 3 rocks (2 green, 1 blue -- he made me write it all down). I used the line my mom used on me pretty much anytime I asked for something after Christmas and before my birthday..."Why don't you ask for it for your birthday." I guess he thought we would forget, so he insisted we call Granna right then to tell her about the things on his wish list. We called her, but of course, all she could make out was "zoo" and "alligator" (I think he added that to the plastic lizards). Tonight we attempted another dual bath with the boys... which didn't go as well. Of course Caleb sulked that he had to share "his" tub. Levi tried to faceplant several times, and then when I got the rag soapy, he was stretching out like "stiff as a board", so I had to hold him in a cradle hold with one hand and wash him with the other. Not sure he got very clean. Oh, and Caleb has now added "possible" (or maybe "impossible", I can't tell) to his list of random words he throws into conversations about every hour. Usually something like this, "You know, Mom, it's possible that there's an insect in our GPS, and it's just not teaching the truth." How do you argue with that logic??

No comments: