
Usually, I attempt to coordinate my costumed kiddos, but this year, I settled for just getting Caleb something he would wear without clothes on over it! He was so pumped about his Iron Man costume. I think it was the muscles. No, I KNOW it was the muscles. I considered having him hold Levi in a bench press position as if showing he could lift "a ton", but considered I might have a screaming toddler on my hands and thought better of it.

Caleb's version of showing his muscles. Sheesh, you'd think he never saw his dad flexing in front of the mirror. Oh, did I type that out loud?

Yes, that is snow on the ground. Luckily, I was able to convince Caleb that he needed to wear some sort of pants under his polyester costume. Trick or treating was a little crazy this year. Not many lights on per street, and when the doors are a ways apart and you have a toddler, you get creative. Eventually, I figured out the best plan was to put Levi in the stroller, jog between houses with Caleb riding in the car behind us. This kept me warm, Levi from screaming every time we got in and out of carseats, and Caleb from complaining that it was freezing (which it was). And we covered ground a lot faster. Wish I'd figured this out before about 8:00pm. Oh well!

Levi checking out the ultra cool cat pumpkin.

Levi caught on quickly, saying, "Dee dee deeeee" at every house. Caleb, on the other hand, forgot he was supposed to say anything and just stood there holding his pumpkin out half of the time.

Levi wanted to take out all his candy, one piece at a time. Caleb emptied his and put it back in about 4 times during this process.

It took so long because Levi "tasted" every piece he took out. I think he had an idea we might try and sneak some, so he was "claiming" it. It worked.

Me checking out the booty. And trying out some negotiating skills.

There is NOTHING like Halloween!

Share? Not a chance, Mom.
Levi's ADORABLE costume courtesy of my good friend, Angela Redman and her mother, Alice Bennett, who created it for Noah Redman. Everyone said he was the cutest thing they'd seen all night. I was pretty proud that he wore the hood all night and trumpeted whenever I asked him what the elephant said. It's especially fitting since at birth he had fairly large ears for a newborn. I jokingly called him "Dumbo" once, as a term of endearment, and although he has grown into them, I still thought this was a sweet reminder of those days.
1 comment:
Loooooove the pictures! Great shots! And Levi looks precious. Caleb... well, he looks... muscular? Thanks for the shout-out ;)
Post a Comment