Monday, May 30, 2011

6 Flags and the NEW Texas Giant


Joe and I took Caleb and Levi with Our friends, Chris and Angela, his sister, brother and girlfriend, to 6 flags, where my mom met up with us. (Did you follow that?) We did all the kiddie rides for the first bit, but then my mom and Chris' sister graciously took the boys and Joe, Chris, Angela and I headed off to ride the big-kid rides. It has been about 18 years to the day since I was there, at birthday number 14 or so (this was #32). I can still remember losing my sunglasses and my BFF losing her sun visor (does that date us??) on the Runaway Mine Train. I also remember waiting in line for hours to ride the neck-breaking, closed-head-injury-causing, but still very fun, old Texas Giant. We raced over and waited about 45 minutes to ride the new one. And boy, was it worth it. Not even a lap bar, more like a saddle horn, holds you in place as you take over 90 degree turns and an almost inverted drop. And it was LONG!! We still had about 15 minutes until the park closed, so we ran over to the Titan (also new to me), and there was NO line. Walked right up and waited one turn for the next train. Finished that and we were tempted to sprint over to Mr. Freeze or Batman, which I am ashamed to say I have also never ridden, but we were afraid mom would figure out we were not still waiting at the Giant, so decided to claim our kids. All in all, it was SO fun. How did I grow up in DFW, loving roller coasters, and never have a season pass? Distance is over-rated. You should definitely come see us and check it out!!
From 6 flags

No comments: