We finally took Caleb to the Dr to check his ears, which he ONLY agreed to do on the promise of a new lizard from his nurse, Miss Lisa. He had not seemed to be hearing us (WAY worse than his usual selective hearing). You know something is wrong when you whisper about Chuck E. Cheese and get no response. So we tried chewing gum, which he isn't very good at, blowing air out his nose and pinching it shut to "pop" them (also not very good at this), and taking decongestant. Nothing worked. He kept saying, "Say it again". Couldn't hear anything in the car or across the room. Sure enough, there was fluid behind his eardrum. Dr. said a lot, though it didn't appear to be infected. So we gave Caleb his first antibiotics in his 4.5 yrs tonight. We had to do antibiotics and steriods for the fluid and to keep out infection. Wow, that was a treat. giving nasty tasting medicine to a young 'un. I thought we would never find a way, but several drink concoctions, m&m's, and cookies later, success. For 1 night, anyway.
One fun thing, Caleb and Levi rode together tonight in the wagon for the fist time. They were a pair. Already having "kick fights" (Levi isn't even 11 months yet). I can tell he already wants to do everything Caleb does. He was happy as a clam when I put him in the swing next to Caleb... he kept looking over at him and laughing. Then he wanted me to put him down the slide every time Caleb went down. This is going to be a trip!! (Oh, I attempted to get a pic of them in the wagon, but Caleb is anti-picture right now, so I knew it wasn't going to happen.. so I just took a mental photo). I'll post Levi's 11 month pics instead. Should have been 9 months.. just a little behind. At least he still poses, sort of.
No comments:
Post a Comment