And these three remain; faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. Love one another, for love is from God. He who loves is born of God and knows God. What story are you telling?... Now broadcasting to you from Bangor, Maine, hoping to spread the story of God's love around the Northeast.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Light at the end of the tunnel
Caleb's fever finally broke today. It's possible it broke last night. I have been using a total of 4 different thermometers: ear, temporal artery, and 2 digital ones. They all give me different readings. But I think the battery is going out on one digital, plus since Caleb can't keep it under his tongue, those are really invalid. So I kept up with the other 2 and just used them both. I figured anything above 98.6/99 was a fever. Then I finally found the instructions for the artery one, and apparently there are different temps that are normal for different areas. I guess up to 100.something is normal for the artery, so maybe he never really had fever today. He played cars all afternoon, but since he still has the congestion and intestinal issues, we may keep him home from Sun AM church, so as not to expose all the kids in his class. Although I am pretty sure they have all had it by now! He did go to Walmart with Joe this afternoon... yeah, we don't care if we infect Walmart goers, but Bible class is different. Besides, they might figure out who they got sick from there! He has been taking Tylenol, Motrin, and Mucinex. He has decided he doesn't like the Mucinex. Don't know why I attempted to give it to him over the carpet, where I had a vision it would somehow end up there. He tries to bargain with us about which ones to take; "No, I think I'll just have the red one tonight.", etc. After 10 minutes of trying to explain the reason he has to have the purple, insisting he stay in his seat until he drinks it, talking about all the bad things that will happen if he doesn't take it, telling him that the doctor said he had to, etc, Joe finally offered 2 Robin Eggs (malt balls) if he will just drink it. Done. The kid will do anything for dessert. I didn't know dessert-loving was an inherited gene, but he totally gets that from me. I actually got a lot done today: posted items on Craigslist, organized the garage, worked out, cleaned the summer swim stuff to get it ready for storage, hung curtains (which have near been the death of me, have tried to hang them for a week), read my Bible and prayed, ran a load of laundry, snuggled with both boys (at different times), and started dinner (Joe had to finish as it was Levi's dinner time). Too bad I didn't have time for a shower.... put it on tomorrow's list. Ahh. I love the feeling of accomplishment. We are just so glad he is better... and that we made it through without antibiotics (so far, he has never had any in his almost 4 years). This was the first time he ever threw up, so we have that little milestone out of the way. Thank goodness it was only once and Joe was here... cleaning up that mess is not my forte.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, that's incredible that he's gone 4 years w/out antibiotics! He has obviously not had the ear infection troubles that Noah has. Although I was told by my PA that in Europe they rarely prescribe antibiotics for ear infections. Hmmm...
Post a Comment