Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My time flies... here's an update






















I know. I am a horrible blogger. I really only did it so I wouldn't have to do a Christmas letter each year. So actually, I am ahead of where I thought I'd be, which is one post per year!! So Caleb is now two. He loves reading books with mom and dad, going to the zoo/park/Bible class, riding in his new wagon (thanks Granna and Poppa), going to Granna/Poppa's house (which he asks to do at least one morning per week, and riding on trains (kid ones). He counts to 10 consistently, sings songs (church and Lion King are his favorites), says family and friends' names, asks questions, follows directions, and really talks a LOT. Gets it from his Dad, I guess. ; ) Of course, as a speech therapist, I am very proud of his langauge skills, and I try to incorporate new ones as often as I can. I've been working on plurals and possessives! He really loves watching Blue's Clues and The Lion King, plus his old favorites - Baby Einstein. We are attempting some potty training -- really just awareness, as he's too young, but he's not scared and he does go if we take him, so that is good. He catches balls, throws balls, and kicks balls, climbs stairs without a rail, and runs EVERYWHERE. People at church ask me, "Does he ever walk anywhere?" (or always run). I have to say he always runs, but we are trying to remedy that since now he is so fast and big, I'm afraid he'll bowl people over. He is so sweet... last Sunday he went around shaking everyone's hand, without any prompting. They were declaring him to be the next greeter at the church door! We just celebrated his 2nd birthday - Lion King theme (which was pretty hard, since it's such an old movie). Then for Halloween he was Simba, though it took a lot of convincing to get him into his costume the first few times. After he realized he'd get candy for dressing up, he was quite compliant. Go see more pics on my photobucket site... it's in the links.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Glad to see you have updated your blog!!! Caleb is getting so big!! Hard to believe he is 2!!

Darling Daughters said...

Hey, now, did I know that you and Stacey Cannon know each other? I'm stretching my brain... I just hopped over here from her blog when I saw the names "Kelly and Joe." Small world! I'll have to read to catch up on you and your world. -Katie (Kwast) Stoneman