
Caleb FINALLY decided that he really could walk. He'd been talking steps and walking around furniture for many months now, but this past weekend, he decided he could actually let go and get around by foot. We were at a restaurant and I didn't want him crawling, so I said, "Caleb, you can't crawl. If you want down, you have to walk." I held his hand some, but they he'd just let go and head off around the place. There were 2 little girls he kept chasing, which kept him going. He still crawls some if he falls down where there is nothing for him to pull up on, but then when he gets where he can pull up, he's off to walking again. YEAH! I wasn't worried.. I had been told my an OT friend of mine that the longer they crawl, the better, for learning, etc . later in life, but I was getting tired of knee pads and holes in pants. Also, he is talking more and more. I counted up his words yesterday and he has over 60 words, and some phrases (most of them "bye __" -- bye fish, bye car, etc). He will be 17 months on Saturday! go to the photobucket site (in the links) to see video of him walking!
No comments:
Post a Comment